Clos LaChance and the Murphy Family are dedicated to being good citizens and serving the greater community however we can. We are committed to several causes, including:
- Education: This is a very important issue for everyone here at the winery, especially our employees with school age children. The winery is pleased to support local (San Jose, Morgan Hill/San Martin/Gilroy) schools at their fund-raising events. The winery also hosts an annual event on-site in support of the Charter School of Morgan Hill.
- Cancer Research: The effects of this disease are far-reaching and have affected many family members and friends of Clos LaChance’s owners and staff. We support numerous organizations dedicated to funding Cancer research.
Clos LaChance is approached by nearly 100 organizations a month for donations. As much as we would like to, as a family-owned and operated winery, we are not able to commit to every request for donations. The winery has chosen to focus its efforts on the areas outlined above (local education and cancer research). Any requests that fall within these parameters are invited to submit for consideration via the below form.
If your donation is approved, we will respond within five business days. If you don’t hear from us (we try to respond to every inquiry, but keeping up with the sheer volume of requests is very difficult for a small business!), sorry but we are not able to provide a donation to your organization at this time.
In addition—due to the large volume of requests we receive, we would prefer to not fill out any additional forms.
Tour and Tasting Certificate; Auction Item:
- Clos LaChance is pleased to offer Tour and Tasting Gift Certificates, valued at $100 or more, for Auction Items.
Wine Bottles Donations:
Bottles of wine are available for purchase at non-profit events for 50% off the retail price. The winery is unable to donate case goods at 100% for several reasons:
- 50% off retail allows us to recoup our production costs.
- Clos LaChance prefers to have only our current vintages poured at charity events, vs. inferior wine we are looking to get rid of. It is important to us that our brand is shown in the best possible light—and that the charitable event also provides a good impression for the generous people that pay for tickets to attend.
To inquire about case goods donations for your charitable needs, please fill out the form below.
A few reminders:
- Please do not send any additional paperwork unless requested.
- Please allow 5 business days for your donation request to be processed. If you do not hear from us, we are unable to provide a donation at this time. But please keep us informed of your event next year!
- All auction items and wine is to be picked up at Clos LaChance Winery in San Martin. Shipping can be arranged at the organization’s expense.
- We would love to provide every event and organization with an annual donation. But in order to “spread the Clos Love,” so to speak, we will most likely not be able to donate to the same organization every year. We encourage new organizations to also submit for consideration.
- If your request is accepted, please fill out your own organization’s form to the best of your knowledge. We will provide you with a Donation Description and Fair Market Value upon acceptance of your request. Our information is as follows: Clos LaChance Winery, 1 Hummingbird Lane, San Martin, CA 95046. Phone: (408) 686-1050, Fax (408) 686-1052, email:firstname.lastname@example.org