Clos LaChance and the Murphy Family are dedicated to being good citizens and serving the greater community however we can. We are committed to several causes, including:
- Education: This is a very important issue for everyone here at the winery, especially our employees with school age children. The winery is pleased to support local (Morgan Hill/San Martin/Gilroy) schools at their fund-raising events. The winery also hosts an annual event on-site in support of the Charter School of Morgan Hill.
- Cancer Research: The effects of this disease are far-reaching and have affected many family members and friends of Clos LaChance’s owners and staff. We support numerous organizations dedicated to funding Cancer research.
Auction Item Donation Policy:
Clos LaChance is approached by nearly 50 organizations a month for donations. As much as we would like to, as a family-owned and operated winery, we are not able to commit to every request for donations. The winery has chosen to focus its efforts on the three areas outlined above (local education and cancer research). Any requests that fall within these parameters are invited to fill out the interactive Auction Item Request form. E-mail forms to email@example.com or fax to (408) 686-1052. In addition—due to the large volume of requests we receive, we would prefer to not fill out any additional forms.
Case Goods Donation Policy:
Case goods (bottles of wine) are available for purchase at non-profit events for 50% off the retail price. The winery is unable to donate case goods at 100% for several reasons:
50% off retail allows us to recoup our production costs.
Clos LaChance prefers to have only our current vintages poured at charity events, vs. inferior wine we are looking to get rid of. It is important to us that our brand is shown in the best possible light—and that the charitable event also provides a good impression for the generous people that pay for tickets to attend.
The winery is often approached to attend a tasting or pouring that benefits a non-profit organization. We would love to be at all these great events; however, our staffing and resources are limited. Please fill out the interactive Non-Profit Tasting or Pouring form and e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (408) 686-1052.
- Please do not include additional paper work to the form.
- Allow up to 7 business days for your donation request to be processed.
- If your request is accepted, please fill out your own organization’s form to the best of your knowledge. We will provide you with a Donation Description and Fair Market Value upon acceptance of your request. Our information is as follows: Clos LaChance Winery, 1 Hummingbird Lane, San Martin, CA 95046. Phone: (408) 686-1050, Fax (408) 686-1052, email: email@example.com